The setting and goal is easily explained: You are a firefighter with the task to rescue all kids from a dangerous fire site.
Equipped with a water hose, you can choose between two characters and will fight an ever-growing wall of fire and a plethora of dangerous enemies to open up the way and save the children. It's also important not to dawdle around - they might get burned if you don't take some risks and hurry to their rescue!
- exciting & unique fire-fighting gameplay for real NES hardware
- more than 32 challenging levels with many hidden secrets
- a wide array of power-ups and enemies
- two different game modes with strong changes to the game-play
- 2 player co-operative play, a partner can join the game at any time
- randomly generated dangers, each play-through will challenge you in new ways
The game was developed with mapper0 restrictions (the earliest NES cartridges) by the Japanese game developer Karu_gamo, who is known for his previous work on the Mamotte Knight series.
You can try a free demo of the game via emulator or flashcard: [Click here to visit the Itch.io page]
This is what the critics say:
"Karu_gamo ['s] [...] new firefighting action game is a red hot NES release that showcases a burning passion for Eighties arcade classics."
- Retro Gamer Issue 215, Retro Inspired: Blazing Rangers
"If you've got the skills — and the requisite hardware — Blazing Rangers is a real 8-bit blast."
- Nintendo Life, 8/10⭐ Review
" [Blazing Rangers] feels like an early Namco title, [...] when the developers were really experimenting with some weird and interesting ideas, resulting in a game that simultaneously feels classic and novel.
- Hardcore Gaming 101, Review Article
"Within the confines of early Famicom programming, [...] Blazing Rangers does a lot of great things. [...] Wether you are playing alone or with a friend, [it] comes highly recommended!"
- Bullet Heaven #315, Video Review
The Regular Edition represents the base game and features everything you could possibly want from a well-made physical retro-game release.
An in-depth game manual, beautiful packaging and a high-end cartridge from custom-made parts leave little to be desired for gamers who prefer to own their games as physical versions. It also comes with a collectible silver coin.
The EU style Regular Edition is limited to 750 units*.
- small EU-only cardboard box in a classic NES-style design
- grey standard cartridge shell
- in-depth manuals in German and English
- package inlay & survey postcard
- silver-colored coin (numbered)
*100 of these are included in the EU style Super Collector's Edition.
IMPORTANT: The cartridges work on both PAL and NTSC systems. The game has been optimized to play in the same speed on both console variants.
Differences between the artwork for FC and both NES versions:
Especially for this release and based on Karu_gamo's original illustrations and artwork, we divided the NES version into two different markets, EU US. Not only is there a different artwork for every version but we have also decided to release the EU version in the same small box size as it was known over thirty years before. The manuals will additionally reflect the era of small boxes being either folded sheets or b/w manual booklets. We at First Press Games are passionate players for decades and we are paying homage to the designs of the golden era recreating it as best as possible. We hope you will enjoy our passion and nostalgia the same way we do.
All product designs are work in progress and might show small changes in the final products.
NES® & FC®/Famicom® are registered trademarks of Nintendo. This release is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with Nintendo.
We publish our physical games with the guaranteed First Press Games Quality & Continuity for EVERY release:
- ALL CEs: Standardized Collector's Edition box sizes for every system with the look and feel of gorgeous and expensive encyclopedias
- ALL: Gold, Silver and Bronze colored Collector's Coins with the unique production number of each produced copy
- ALL: Thick and detailed game manuals (up to 80 pages) with comic/manga and developer interviews
- SWI/PS4 REs: Numbered Regular Edition Slipcases with a continuous picture and a leather-like look of an antique book collection
- SWI/PS4: Cover sheets with beautiful exterior and interior graphics, no age ratings on the cover sheets and a numbered spine
- SWI/PS4: Super Famicom-style quick instruction cards for Nintendo Switch and N64-style achievement guide foldouts for PlayStation 4 games
- SWI/PS4: Collector’s Editions additionally include: Japanese cover sheet, Japanese manual, Japanese quick instruction card and Japanese achievement guide foldout for enthusiasts of Japanese releases
- CDs: All CDs are manufactured in Japan for the highest production quality, come in rare 12 and 17 mm jewel cases and include 3D stickers and a composer interview. Some CDs include newly made songs and karaoke versions with lyrics and liner notes
- RETRO: The boxes of our retro releases are printed on original grey cardboard with no foil lamination and the flaps are perfectly fitting with no cuts
- RETRO: The cartridges, clear cases and trays of our retro releases are custom made with original-like and perfectly fitting stickers and come in a poly bag