POWA! is a newly-developed action-platformer in a similar vein as other genre-classics of the handheld, like Kirby's Dreamland and Trip World.
The gameplay is decidedly kept simple and makes POWA! easy to pick it up, but challenging to conquer. A good variety of level themes and obstacles, with an ever-increasing difficulty curve keep the experience thoroughly engaging and fresh!
You can download a demo of POWA!' on it's Itchio-page: https://aiguanachein.itch.io/powa
POWA! has been solely developed by the Spain-based GBdev-enthusiast Aiguanachein, with support from Sergio de Prado for the music and Ivan Miguel for art designs & graphic touch-ups. The game uses the ZGB engine by Zal0.
- a brand-new Game Boy Color game with backwards-compatibility to Classic Game Boy hardware
- clean and simple platformer-gameplay with tight controls
- five levels with multiple segments and a challenging boss fight in each
- super-cute presentation and a bopping soundtrack
- replay-value through varying difficulty modes and a timescore after each play-through
- utilizes Super Game Boy-features when played on a SNES/SFC
For the completionists!
The Collector's Edition of POWA! comes in our signature premium box and includes both the Regular and Limited Edition of the game with all their extras.
Additionally, it offers two clear files with a DIN A2 poster, a large sticker set and a magazine style bonus print in Japanese.
Highly limited and a real highlight for your collection!
The JP Collector's Edition is limited to 125 units.
- premium collector box
- POWA! JP Regular Edition
- POWA! JP Limited Edition
- 2x clear files
- DIN A4 sticker set
- DIN A2 poster
- magazine-style bonus print
- All three Collector's Coins
This is a preorder, the game is currently in production.
All product designs are work in progress and might show small changes in the final products.
Game Boy®/GB®, Game Boy Color®/GBC®, Super Game Boy®/SGB® and SNES®/SFC® are registered trademarks of Nintendo. This release is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with Nintendo.
DOT MATRIX SERIES® is a trademark of First Press Games.
First Press Games Quality:
We publish our physical games with the guaranteed First Press Games Quality & Continuity for EVERY release:
- ALL CEs: Standardized Collector's Edition box sizes for every system with the look and feel of gorgeous and expensive encyclopedias
- ALL: Gold, Silver and Bronze colored Collector's Coins with the unique production number of each produced copy
- ALL: Thick and detailed game manuals (up to 80 pages) with comic/manga and developer interview
- SWI/PS4 REs: Numbered Regular Edition Slipcases with a continuous picture and a leather-like look of an antique book collection
- SWI/PS4: Cover sheets with beautiful exterior and interior graphics, no age ratings on the cover sheets and a numbered spine
- SWI/PS4: Super Famicom-style quick instruction cards for Nintendo Switch and N64-style achievement guide foldouts for PlayStation 4 games
- SWI/PS4: Collector’s Editions additionally include: Japanese cover sheet, Japanese manual, Japanese quick instruction card and Japanese achievement guide foldout for enthusiasts of Japanese releases
- CDs: All CDs are manufactured in Japan for the highest production quality, come in rare 12 and 17 mm jewel cases and include 3D stickers and a composer interview. Some CDs include newly made songs and karaoke versions with lyrics and liner notes
- RETRO: The boxes of our retro releases are printed on original grey cardboard with no foil lamination and the flaps are perfectly fitting with no cuts
- RETRO: The cartridges, clear cases and trays of our retro releases are custom made with original-like and perfectly fitting stickers and come in a poly bag