Project Blue is an 8bit action-platformer set in the dystopian city of Neo Hong Kong.
You play as Blue, an orphaned street boy who has been kidnapped by a nefarious multi-national conglomerate as part of a secret weapons project. You must escape your captors, fight your way across Neo Hong Kong, and confront your enemies at their corporate HQ.
Project Blue aims to create a dynamic gameplay that is quick to learn, easy to control but difficult to master - and above all, fun to play.
The world of the game is massive in size, with 256 individual area screens and 4 distinctive level themes. There are three difficulty settings as well (normal, hard & brutal), adding a significant amount of extra content, including changes to the level layout itself!
For the Famicom release, we teamed up with the developers for a faithful Japanese version. Aside of making it available for the different hardware, the goal is also to create a thoroughly localized packaging, manual and even implement translated in-game text, to make it a truly fleshed-out release for the console.
For the completionists, we are also offering the few remaining Super Bundles from the Kickstarter in our store.
This special edition is limited to only 50 pieces and comes in a thicker collector box than the Collector's Edition to house the additional contents.
It features all contents from the Regular Edition, Limited Edition, Regular NES release and the Three Enemies strap hanger set, as well as the Kickstarter-exclusive bronze coin and Omni Corp Controller strap hanger.
The Super Bundle is limited to 50 pieces.*
- premium collector box
- everything from the JP Regular Edition
- all inserts of the JP Limited Edition
- everything from the NES International Version release (PAL & NTSC compatible)
- Three Enemies strap hanger set
- Bonus bronze coin and Omni Corp strap hanger
This is a preorder, the game is currently in preparation for production.
All product designs are work in progress and might show small changes in the final products.
NES® & FC®/Famicom® are registered trademarks of Nintendo. This release is neither endorsed by nor affiliated with Nintendo.
First Press Games Quality:
We publish our physical games with the guaranteed First Press Games Quality & Continuity for EVERY release:
- ALL CEs: Standardized Collector's Edition box sizes for every system with the look and feel of gorgeous and expensive encyclopedias
- ALL: Gold, Silver and Bronze colored Collector's Coins with the unique production number of each produced copy
- ALL: Thick and detailed game manuals (up to 80 pages) with comic/manga and developer interview
- SWI/PS4 REs: Numbered Regular Edition Slipcases with a continuous picture and a leather-like look of an antique book collection
- SWI/PS4: Cover sheets with beautiful exterior and interior graphics, no age ratings on the cover sheets and a numbered spine
- SWI/PS4: Super Famicom-style quick instruction cards for Nintendo Switch and N64-style achievement guide foldouts for PlayStation 4 games
- SWI/PS4: Collector’s Editions additionally include: Japanese cover sheet, Japanese manual, Japanese quick instruction card and Japanese achievement guide foldout for enthusiasts of Japanese releases
- CDs: All CDs are manufactured in Japan for the highest production quality, come in rare 12 and 17 mm jewel cases and include 3D stickers and a composer interview. Some CDs include newly made songs and karaoke versions with lyrics and liner notes
- RETRO: The boxes of our retro releases are printed on original grey cardboard with no foil lamination and the flaps are perfectly fitting with no cuts
- RETRO: The cartridges, clear cases and trays of our retro releases are custom made with original-like and perfectly fitting stickers and come in a poly bag