POWA! is a newly-developed action-platformer in a similar vein as other genre-classics of the handheld, like Kirby's Dreamland and Trip World.
The gameplay is decidedly kept simple and makes POWA! easy to pick it up, but challenging to conquer. A good variety of level themes and obstacles, with an ever-increasing difficulty curve keep the experience thoroughly engaging and fresh!
You can download a demo of POWA!' on it's Itchio-page: https://aiguanachein.itch.io/powa
POWA! has been solely developed by the Spain-based GBdev-enthusiast Aiguanachein, with support from Sergio de Prado for the music and Ivan Miguel for art designs & graphic touch-ups. The game uses the ZGB engine by Zal0.
- a brand-new Game Boy Color game with backwards-compatibility to Classic Game Boy hardware
- clean and simple platformer-gameplay with tight controls
- five levels with multiple segments and a challenging boss fight in each
- super-cute presentation and a bopping soundtrack
- replay-value through varying difficulty modes and a timescore after each play-through
- utilizes Super Game Boy-features when played on a SNES/SFC
The Regular Edition represents the base game and features everything you could possibly want from a well-done physical retro-game release.
An in-depth game manual, beautiful packaging and a high-end cartridge leave little to be desired for gamers who prefer to own their games as physical versions. It also comes with a collectible silver coin.
Limitation of this Edition will be set after the open-preorder phase.
- EU/US-style box with foil print
- DOT MATRIX SERIES cartridge, working on all Game Boy-compatible systems
- in-depth manual in English
- package inlay & survey postcard
- silver-colored coin (numbered)
This is a preorder, the game is currently in production.
All product designs are work in progress and might have small changes in the final products (only towards the better!)
Game Boy® , Game Boy Pocket®, Game Boy Light®, Super Game Boy®, Game Boy Color®, SNES®, SFC® are trademarks of Nintendo. This release is neither endorsed by, nor officially licensed by Nintendo.
DOT MATRIX SERIES® is a trademark of First Press Games.